Contact Information: Manpower Survey Section, Department of Census, Directorate General of Budget Accounting & Statistics (DGBAS)
Total employment in May 2022 was 11,371,000, which decreased by 44,000(-0.39%) form the previous month’s level; moreover, it also decreased by 27,000(-0.24%) from that of the previous year.
The unemployment rate rose by 0.06 percentage points to 3.68 percent in May 2022; the seasonally adjusted unemployment rose by 0.05 percentage points to 3.73%. The number of unemployed persons was 434,000 in May 2022, an increase of 5,000(+1.19%) but a decrease of 55,000(-11.21%) from the previous month and that of the previous year, respectively.
Labor force participation rate declined by 0.11 percentage points to 59.05 percent in May 2022; however, it rose by 0.23 percentage points from that of the previous year.
- Table 1. Important Indicators Based on Manpower Survey Results (EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 2. Important Results of Manpower Survey in Seasonally Adjusted Series (EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 3. Labor Force Participation Rate by Educational Attainment(EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 4. Labor Force Participation Rate by Age (EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 5. Employed Persons by Industry(EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 6. Employed Persons by Occupation(EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 7. Employed Persons by Class of Worker(EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 8. Unemployed Persons, by Reason Why in Unemployment (EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 9. Unemployment Rate by Educational Attainment(EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table10. Unemployment Rate by age(EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table11. Persons Not in Labor Force by Reason For Not in Labor Force(EXCEL) (ODS)