Contact Information: Manpower Survey Section, Department of Census, Directorate General of Budget Accounting & Statistics (DGBAS)
Total employment in August 2021 was 11,399,000, which increased by 35,000(+0.31%) form the previous month’s level; however, it decreased by 108,000(-0.94%) from that of the previous year.
The unemployment rate declined by 0.29 percentage points to 4.24 percent in August 2021; the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate also declined by 0.28 percentage points to 4.08 percent. The number of unemployed persons was 505,000 in August 2021, it decreased by 34,000(-6.31%) but increased by 27,000(+5.62%) from the previous month and that of the previous year, respectively.
Labor force participation rate rose by 0.03 percentage to 58.98 percent in August 2021; however, it declined by 0.25 percentage points from that of the previous year.
- Table 1. Important Indicators Based on Manpower Survey Results (EXCEL)(ODS)
- Table 2. Important Results of Manpower Survey in Seasonally Adjusted Series (EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 3. Labor Force Participation Rate by Educational Attainment(EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 4. Labor Force Participation Rate by Age (EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 5. Employed Persons by Industry (EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 6. Employed Persons by Occupation (EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 7. Employed Persons by Class of Worker (EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 8. Unemployed Persons, by Reason Why in Unemployment (EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 9. Unemployment Rate by Educational Attainment (EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table10. Unemployment Rate by age (EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table11. Persons Not in Labor Force by Reason For Not in Labor Force (EXCEL) (ODS)