Contact Information: Manpower Survey Section, Department of Census, Directorate General of Budget Accounting & Statistics (DGBAS)
Total employment in May 2021 was 11,398,000, which decreased by 126,000(-1.09%) form the previous month’s level; moreover, it also decreased by 64,000(-0.56%) from that of the previous year.
The unemployment rate rose by 0.47 percentage points to 4.11 percent in May 2021; the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate also rose by 0.44 percentage points to 4.15 percent. The number of unemployed persons was 489,000 in May 2021, an increase of 54,000(+12.35%) and 3,000(+0.62%) from the previous month and that of the previous year, respectively.
Labor force participation rate declined by 0.33 percentage to 58.82 percent in May 2021; moreover, it also declined by 0.24 percentage points from that of the previous year.
- Table 1. Important Indicators Based on Manpower Survey Results (EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 2. Important Results of Manpower Survey in Seasonally Adjusted Series (EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 3. Labor Force Participation Rate by Educational Attainment (EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 4. Labor Force Participation Rate by Age (EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 5. Employed Persons by Industry (EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 6. Employed Persons by Occupation (EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 7. Employed Persons by Class of Worker (EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 8. Unemployed Persons, by Reason Why in Unemployment (EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table 9. Unemployment Rate by Educational Attainment (EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table10. Unemployment Rate by age (EXCEL) (ODS)
- Table11. Persons Not in Labor Force by Reason For Not in Labor Force (EXCEL) (ODS)